Weisberg and Kainen PL's Partners Named as Florida Super Lawyers
One of the most prestigious and authoritative listings of attorneys of distinction, Super Lawyers is reserved for outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. For 2011, Weisberg and Kainen P.L. is proud to announce that partners Alan Weisberg and Dennis Kainen were once again named as Florida Super Lawyers by the publication. Weisberg and Kainen P.L. is also happy to announce that associate, Brielle L. Mark, was named as a Florida Rising Star in this year's Super Lawyers publication.
To earn a Super Lawyers listing, a candidate is nominated by their peers in the legal profession and their professional achievement indicators are evaluated by the publication's research department. The multiphase process has been recognized by Bar associations and courts across the country. Only the top 5 percent of attorneys in Florida are listed by Florida Super Lawyers.
Weisberg and Kainen P.L., Attorneys In The News:
- Understanding the Impact of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA). Read More; Video
- IRS extends amnesty program for tax cheats, September 22, 2009. Read More
- UBS Whistle-Blower Gets 40-Month Sentence, Miami Herald, August 22, 2009. Read More
- UBS to Divulge Account Details, Miami Herald, August 20, 2009. Read More
- UBS Case Opens Door to Secrets of Swiss Banking, Miami Herald, August 13, 2009. Read More
- Boca Raton Accountant Pleads Guilty in UBS Tax Fraud Case, Miami Herald, June 26, 2009. Read More
- Tax Case Reveals Why Pills Cost So Much, Miami Herald, January 12, 2009. Read More
- Five Charged with Defrauding Hedge Fund Investors, South Florida Business Journal, February 21, 2008. Read More
- Stephen Stallings is no stranger to high-profile cases, Pittsburgh Tribune Review, January 28, 2008. Read More
- Defense bar protests removal of plea deals from U.S. Web site, Daily Business Review, April 23, 2007. Read More
- Fla. Bar OKs Client Testimonials on Law Firm Web Sites, Daily Business Review, February 22, 2007. Read More
- Power Tips to Prosecutors, Dan Christensen, Daily Business Review, July 21, 2004. Read More
- Jury clears South Florida couple in 15-count tax case, Dan Christensen, Daily Business Review, June 21, 2004. Read More
- Florida Voters to Decide Judicial Selection, William Glaberson, The New York Times, October 25, 2000. Read More
Articles by Attorneys At Weisberg and Kainen P.L.
- When the Calculations May Mean The Difference Between Guilty and Not Guilty, Champion Magazine of the NACDL, March 2009. Read More
- Judicial Election v. Merit Selection, The Florida Bar News, October 5th, 1999. Read More
- When the IRS Comes Knocking, Litigation, American Bar Association, Volume 29, No. 1, 2002. Read More
- If You No Longer Have the Subpoenaed Records, Can You Assert the Fifth? Tax Section Bulletin of The Florida Bar, Volume XXIII, No, 1, page 20, September 2004. Read More
As President of the Dade County Bar Association and now as a member of the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar, Dennis G. Kainen has been invited to speak at many investitures of judges in Miami-Dade County, including the investitures of the following judges:
- Honorable Cecilia Altonaga, Circuit Judge (now a U.S. District Court Judge)
- Honorable Mary Barzee, Circuit Judge
- Honorable Henry Leyte Vidal, Circuit Judge
- Honorable Juan Ramirez, 3rd DCA Judge
- Honorable Victoria Sigler, Circuit Judge
- Honorable Eric Henden, County Court Judge
- Honorable Rosa Rodriguez, Circuit Judge
- Honorable Marilyn Milian, Circuit Judge.
This photograph is of Mr. Kainen's remarks on behalf of The Florida Bar at the investiture of Honorable Reemberto Diaz, Circuit Judge.